We are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer that can work on projects aimed to design and develop turbomachinery applications and general industrial equipment.
In particular we are seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer which can provide consultation and technical direction to the engineering community on short-medium term projects.
- Develop mechanical designs for turbomachinery components and main industry related parts;
- Integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization;
- Execute design, analysis and evaluation of assigned projects by using sound engineering FEM principles and observing international standards, practices, procedures and product /program requirements;
- Basic 3D CAD modeling and 2D drafting;
- Provide technical guidance to other personnel and mentor others in the organization;
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures;
- Work closely with Designers and check internal and sub vendor drawings to insure design accuracy and compliance with customer specifications;
- Review, interpret and design in accordance with customer specifications.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or closely related fields with a sound knowledge of mechanical, physical and numerical principles (thermo-mechanical, creep, fatigue, static and modal analysis);
- Minimum of 3 to 4 year of previous experience in FEM/FEA analysis is required;
- Background in turbomachinery is highly recommended;
- Proven experience in Ansys and/or NX Nastran solvers;
- Proven experience in basic 3D CAD tools (e.g. Siemens NX, Solid Edge) and 2D drafting;
- Proven experience in meshing tools (e.g. Workbench, Ansa);
- Proven experience in programming C and/or C++ is a plus;
- A PhD degree is a plus;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English;
- Capable of working independently, while effectively contributing to the overall business objectives in a team environment;
- Excellent documentation and presentation skills.
CONTACT US: firstname.lastname@example.org